The GNM Nurse, also known as the General Nurse Midwife, is a skilled healthcare professional who provides comprehensive nursing care to patients across different age groups and settings. GNM Nurses work under the supervision of registered nurses or medical officers and are responsible for delivering quality patient care, managing healthcare resources, and collaborating with other healthcare team members to promote health and well-being.
- Providing comprehensive nursing care to patients, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing interventions.
- Administering medications, treatments, and intravenous therapies as prescribed by medical officers and documenting patient responses.
- Assisting with diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and other medical treatments as required.
- Monitoring and managing patient’s vital signs, including blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, temperature, and oxygen saturation.
- Assisting in the management of acute and chronic illnesses, including wound care, catheterization, and care of patients with ventilators or other medical devices.
- Educating patients and families about health conditions, medications, self-care, and health promotion strategies.
- Providing emotional support and counseling to patients and families during times of illness or stress.
- Collaborating with other healthcare team members, such as doctors, registered nurses, and allied health professionals, to develop and implement patient care plans.
- Documenting patient care activities and maintaining accurate and up-to-date patient records.
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives, infection control measures, and other healthcare protocols to ensure patient safety and quality care.
- Completion of General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course from a recognized institution and registered with the respective State Nursing Council.
- Strong knowledge of nursing principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent clinical skills, including medication administration, wound care, and monitoring of patient’s vital signs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and other healthcare team members.
- Knowledge of evidence-based nursing practices and understanding of the nursing process.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide compassionate and patient-centered care.
- Basic computer skills for maintaining patient records and documentation.
- Valid nursing license and any additional certifications as required by the local regulatory authorities.
GNM Nurses are essential members of the healthcare team, providing skilled nursing care to patients and contributing to positive patient outcomes. They play a crucial role in the delivery of safe and effective patient care and work collaboratively with other healthcare professionals to promote health and well-being.
- Apply Gender MALE/FEMALE
- Working Shift Yes - Day Shift
- Work From Home No
- What Type of Industry Hospitals, Health Care Providers
- Salary Offer 16500
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0
- How many hires.? 2 -3 Hires
- Address ganapathy
- HR/ Employer Mobile No .
- HR/ Email id [email protected]